Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's do this: WRITE!


 I wish I could say I'm sorry for the pun in the title, but come on; it was clever and you know it. ;)

Yes, I'm a part of it. For all those who don't know, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month, which goes from November 1st to the 30th, and in that time everyone who pledges participation in the event must write a 50,000 word novel...or more.

Sounds crazy, huh?

Why did I join? Because I have so much free time during November that I can waste it. So, in an attempt to be productive, I'll be flailing about in an attempt to produce a novel. That's it. The novel won't be good or anything, and this is my first NaNoWriMo, so in no way do I think it'll be any good.

I'm not aspiring to being an author, so this is just for fun. To support and join many other bloggers out there! If you're also a part of this, comment with your username and I'll add you to my buddy list! We can motivate each other. ;)

My username is: cass_wordsonpaper

If you add me to your writing buddies list and I don't add you back, shoot me a comment or an email and I'll see to it that I do. ;) We need all the buddies we can get. Writing is difficult.


What am I writing? I honestly have no idea. :) Aren't I awesome? No, seriously. I have my last exam for high school, EVER, on the 3rd of November. On the 3rd, I'll rush into writing up character descriptions, plot, title, and go from there. I can say with certainty: my novel will be a contemporary YA. I plan not to have too much romance in it, because I know I won't be able to make it work. I won't be able to make it believable, and if I do write romance, it'll be sappy and make people want to barf. :P

Are you insane!? Yes. Join me! :D You know you want to.

Pho-spiration




For all you "nano"'s: we have one more week until the writing begins! "Embark on this journey with me", as some philosophers and settlers might have said in the past. Or maybe just my English teacher (who would be either thrilled or frightened at the thought of: me writing a novel).

How are you going to go about writing your novel? Have you set yourself a goal for each day?

You can get to 50, 000 if...

- you write around 1700 words a day
- you do this
- you become a pantser
- you throw away your social life, your working life, your school life :) Fortunately, I will have none of these in November, anyway. (perhaps a bit of a social life...)
- you just write
- you use "fillers" and overly describe your scenes and actions. Apparently people are doing it!


You get the point, right? Anyway, NaNoWriMo is not all about writing 50,000 words--at its core, NaNoWriMo is about having fun, writing more than you normally would throughout the year, being insane, getting your brain juice flowing . . . 

You can still write AND read, right?


Related Posts with Thumbnails