Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (8): Jane Eyre

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Grab the book you are currently reading and randomly post a couple sentences.


In celebration of the new Jane Eyre movie coming out next year, I'm reading Jane Eyre. I'm not that far in, though, so my quote is probably not that impressive comparatively.


My heart beat thick, my head grew hot ; a sound filled my ears, which I deemed the rushing of wings : something seemed near me ; I was oppressed, suffocated ; endurance broke down ; I rushed to the door and shook the lock in desperate effort. Steps came running along the outer passage ; the key turned, Bessie and Abbott entered. (p. 11)
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Pages: 350 (my version)
Release date: Ages ago...
Genre: Classic, Literary
Ages: Any?

Blurb (Goodreads):

Charlotte Bronte's impassioned novel is the love story of Jane Eyre, a plain yet spirited governess, and her arrogant, brooding Mr. Rochester. Published in 1847, under the pseudonym of Currer Bell, the book heralded a new kind of heroine--one whose virtuous integrity, keen intellect and tireless perseverance broke through class barriers to win equal stature with the man she loved. Hailed by William Makepeace Thackeray as "the masterwork of great genius," Jane Eyre is still regarded, over a century later, as one of the finest novels in English literature.


 Hope you enjoy this week's Teaser Tuesday!

What are you reading?

Related Posts with Thumbnails