Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (13): Delirium

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I actually JUST finished reading the e-ARC of Delirium, and it is definitely a book worthy for this week's WoW feature. I'm putting this one on my birthday wishlist!

Title: Delirium {goodreads}
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: February 2011
Why? I loved Before I Fall--one of my favourite books; and I love dystopian novels. The cover is fabulous - simple, but unique. I like the concept of love being a disease, and having a cure for it. Lauren did a fabulous job of painting a realistic portrayal of a society that controls love, or amor Deliria Nervosa. Loved it. I can't wait to have a physical copy in my hands!

Synopsis (Goodreads):


Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.




Lauren Oliver has JUST uncovered the dust cover jacket for Delirium! {facebook page} {direct link}
 

Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. ♥


While you're here... 
 
Check out my review for Big Nate Strikes Again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails