Sunday, December 26, 2010

FIVE Challenge: Hopes for YA


I've been wanting to do some sort of a wrap-up post with 2010, with regards to reading books and blogging. What better way to get started than through Persnickety Snark's challenge? Hope you're a part of this challenge too! If you are, go ahead--comment and link to your blog so I can check out what great reads you picked up in 2010!


Today's 5 is for...
Hopes for YA

Hmm...this one should be easy. We'll see. And this post will be short, since I'm going out soon.

1. Less series. I want more books that are finished in one go! Luckily, there are not as many series with contemporary novels. :)

2. More contemporary. I can never get enough of it!!

3. More characters with flaws! Ones that we can relate to.

4. More independent female protagonists!! Strong, bold, unafraid. I hate Mary Sues and weak, useless, frail girls. Please authors, hear my pleas! Also girls who are able to carry on and be strong, even if "her guy" walks out on her.

5. Hmm...books that teach lessons. That remind us of things that we might otherwise forget, but are just so important. Yeah. But don't preach.

The Schedule

December 21 - 5 Great Debuts
December 22 - 5 Great Covers
December 23 - 5 Great Series
December 24 - 5 Great Re-Reads *facepalm* it seems I've deleted this post...
December 25 - 5 Most Anticipated
December 26 - 5 Hopes for YA in 2011
December 27 - 5 Great YA Movie Deals
December 28 - 5 Great Author (in the flesh) Moments
December 29 - 5 Great YA Bloggers
December 30 - 5 Great Miracles that Occurred to Get Me Reading More ______ (choose your genre)
December 31 - 5 Best Titles for 2010 (which I double because 5 was too hard).


Related Posts with Thumbnails