Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox (22) or Paranormal YA Mail Week


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~
Overview photo -- total of 7 books this week.

This week has been amazing. *sigh* I'm almost up to two full bookshelves full of TBR. Again.


For Review:



Mercy by Rebecca Lim, released December 2010, Harper Collins

Aussie author! I'm so excited to read this one. :) This one was pitched to me by publisher. Mercy is about an angel exiled from heaven, doomed to live on earth, where her deepest secrets must never reach the surface.

"An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, Mercy is the first book in a major new series."

Being Here by Barry Jonsberg, release date February 2011, Allen & Unwin

Another Aussie author. The physical cover feels great. ;) A beautifully told story about a girl whose rich imagination rescues her from a grim reality, and an unlikely boy who changes everything. Realistic fiction, no doubt.

'I Loved Being Here. Honest, entertaining and emotionally gripping.' - Maureen McCarthy

Rosebush by Michele Jaffe, release date March 2011, Hachette

Unsolicited review copy (ARC), but I've been DYING to read this since for ever!

"MEAN GIRLS MEETS REAR WINDOW in this delectably dark thriller . . ."

The Fallen Blade: Act One of the Assassini (The Vampire Assassin Trilogy, #1) by Jon Courtenay Grimwood, release date February 2011, Hachette

Unsolicited review copy. Have never heard of this one, but it seems pretty interesting. Grimwood gives a fresh outlook on Venice, with paranormal YA appeal.


Won:



Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony (thanks to Alexa at Not Enough Bookshelves)

*squee* I didn't even realise how much I'd wanted this one. So, so can't wait to get cracking on this one!

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (thanks to Mrs Deraps)

I think this is just one of those titles that needs to be read. I have a feeling this will heighten my perception of paranormal YA.

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (thanks to Alexa at Not Enough Bookshelves)

So beautiful! Gah! Can't look away. It's a HUGE book. On the plus side, it has those rough edge-cut pages that people seem to obsess over.


Gifted:


Swag from Kirsten Hubbard!!

All signed by Kirsten herself!


Netgalley:



Queens of All the Earth
by Hannah Sternberg

~~~




What's going on this week / What happened since last IMM?
  • Currently Reading: Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf by Curtis Jobling
  • Next up: I. Don't. Know. Too many review copies!!! I want to read a book I want to read next though, is all I know.
  • Reviewed: The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg


Related Posts with Thumbnails