Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (22): Other Words For Love

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This is kind of like with Anna and the French Kiss, in that I didn't desperately want it until all the hype was released. I still WANTED it, but not as much as I do now!

Title: Other Words For Love
{goodreads}
Author: Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
Release Date: January 11th 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Why am I waiting on this?
All the rave reviews. This sounds amazing. I love contemporary YA, and the cover definitely sits well with me. I've heard that this is astonishingly realistic, evocative, sweet and sour, and one of those books that one just must try. Needless to say this is on my birthday wishlist. *crosses fingers* I'm sad that the book rose up in price by like $5, but I will read this!

Synopsis (Goodreads):

When an unexpected inheritance enables Ari to transfer to an elite Manhattan prep school, she makes a wealthy new friend, Leigh. Leigh introduces Ari to the glamorous side of New York--and to her gorgeous cousin, Blake. Ari doesn't think she stands a chance, but amazingly, Blake asks her out. As their romance heats up, they find themselves involved in an intense, consuming relationship. Ari's family worries that she is losing touch with the important things in life, like family, hard work, and planning for the future.

When misfortune befalls Blake's family, he pulls away, and Ari's world drains of color. As she struggles to get over the breakup, Ari must finally ask herself: were their feelings true love . . . or something else?


Links:

Lorraine's Blog



Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. ♥ Comment with your WoW post and I'll check it out. ;)


What are you waiting on this week?


Related Posts with Thumbnails