Sunday, April 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (27): Awesome Sauce


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

I'm really excited about the books I received this week. Let's get started! :D

PS. I'm a bit worried because I just bought 5 more books online today (I planned on only 2 books a month). They're all paperback, but still . . . I need a book buying ban. But, books! :'(


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.


For Review:



Falling Under (#1) by Gwen Hayes
(28/03/11, Penguin Australia)
Debut YA '11Paranormal YA
I remember being really excited about this release, and to finally have it? Wow. I'll be reading this soon. ;)

David by Mary Hoffman
(01/09/11, Bloomsbury Australia)
Historical YA
I love historical YA -- how could I resist? This is about a young man who winds up in Florence and happens upon Michaelangelo, looking for work. Guess why this book is called David. ;)

Defiance by Lili St. Crow
(28/03/11, Penguin Australia)
Paranormal YA
This series was never on my radar, but now? I'm so interested in this series. If you have the first three books (Aussies!), please contact me, we can work out a trade.

Bought:


Hate List by Jennifer Brown
(05/010/10, Little Brown)
Contemp YA
Squee!! I plan on buying the hardcover in the future, but until then I can't wait to finally read this book! It's reminiscent of all the stuff I can't resist.

Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
(08/03/11, Delacorte House)
Debut YA '11  |  Contemp YA
I was getting worried that this would never arrive. I PRE-ORDERED THIS! And it arrives a month after the release date. The first time I've ever had a delay from The Book Depository. And the book jacket is crooked. (you can see in the overall photo-more obvious when vertical) Oh well. I'm so excited to read this!!

Won:


---


Swapped:


Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
My Name is Memory by Anna Brashares
The Luxe (#1) by Anna Godbersen

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Swag:

I got a bookmark from The Book Depository. :| The one on the far right.

Netgalley:



The Near Witch by Victoria Schwabb (02/08/11, Disney-Hyperion)
Sharks & Boys by Kristen Tracy (28/06/11, Disney-Hyperion)
Cat Versus Human by Yasmine Surovec (04/10/11, Andrews McMeel Publishing) - btw, I'm a dog person, but there are never any dog comics, now are there?
The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Kady Cross (31/05/11, Harlequin)


A lot of great books available at the moment. I hope I get to read at least one of them! :P
Happy Reading!
~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Reviews:
    Chime by Franny Billingsley


Related Posts with Thumbnails