Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (28): Paranormologically Speaking


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

I know the title suggests all of my books this week are paranormal, when in fact only 4 of them are. But I have a couple of fantasy, so if you want to count that, feel free! If you've been here before, you might know that paranormal is a rarity for me (to actually get to reading :P).

I'm a bit worried because I just bought 2 more books online yesterday. There's a free shipping thing going on with Basement Books. I know that the shop is on the way to my uni, but by then my books might have been snagged, so I just bought them! Found some bargains, but only bought two -- a hardcover for $1.20! :D *fingers crossed for decent quality.


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.



For Review:


Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin
(01/05/11, Bloomsbury AU -- unsolicited)
Contemp YA
Seems like a really light read, and it's only at 200 pages. From what I know, this is a hit-or-miss kind of book. Fingers crossed I like it.

Winter's Shadow by M.J. Hearle
(01/06/11, Pan Macmillan -- requested)
Paranormal YA
This looks so good. Can't wait to read it! But, I really have no idea what to do with this after I'm done with it. I might just give it to one of my paranormal-loving friends.

The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley
(01/04/11, Bloomsbury AU -- requested)
Franny's debut! I'm expecting a great story out of this little book. :) Does anyone else love that cover? It looks even more amazing up close. I'll be reading this one really soon. ;)

Bought:

---

I can guarantee there will be some book purchase arrivals next week.

Won:


---


I have not won a thing in ages . . .


Swapped:


Guardian of the Gate (#2, Prophecy of the Sisters) by Michelle Zink Paranormal YA
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Devoured by Amanda Marrone Paranormal YA
The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
Flyaway by Lucy Christopher
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting Paranormal YA
The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

(thanks to Skye, Nic, Nomes and Kylie--other Aussie book bloggers!! :D)

(I still have some packages to send out, if you have not received yours yet, don't fret. Yet.)

Swag:

---

Netgalley:


Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson (02/06/11, Orchard Books)
The Art of Forgetting by Camille Noe Pagan (09/06/11, Penguin USA)
Consequences of the Heart by Peter Cunningham (05/11, Gemma)


A lot of great books available at the moment. I hope I get to read at least one of them! :P
Happy Reading!
~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Next up:
    Glass Houses (#1, The Morganville Vampires series) by Rachel Caine


Related Posts with Thumbnails