Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (61): Christmas!!!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

Sunday 22nd of January 2012 ~ Notes

This is my first IMM post since/after:
  • My desk collapsed (and I've actually got a book tower to support it :P)
  • Christmas
  • 2011
  • All the author-blogger crap that's been going on
  • SOPA and stuff
I got some really great books! I hope you did too. So, here we go. :)

Also, for anyone who celebrates, it's Chinese New Year tomorrow! Hoorah. I'll be going out for lunch or dinner with my family tomorrow, and that's why I'm up late formatting this stuff like a chump. I'll update this post with the "since last imm" segment and links if I don't finish it.


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up now until written.

* = Up for swap

Review tk = a review for this book will be posted on the blog soon


For Review:


  • Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (Feb 2012, Allen & Unwin, Requested) 
  • Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan (Feb 2012, Allen & Unwin, Requested)
  • Spoiled by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan (Feb 2012, Allen & Unwin, Requested)
  • Fracture by Megan Miranda (Jan 2012, Bloomsbury, Requested? ~ review tk!)
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (Feb 2012, Hachette, Requested ~ currently reading!)
  • Advent by James Treadwell (Feb 2012, Hachette, Requested)
  • Pure by Julianna Baggott (Feb 2012, Hachette, Requested)
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Jan 2012, Penguin, Just showed up -- review tk!)
  • Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (Jan 2012, Penguin, Just showed up -- next up!)
  • Wonder by R.J. Paolini (Feb 14 2012, Random House, Just showed up)
  • Fated by Sarah Alderson (Feb 2012, Simon & Schuster, Requested -- currently reading!)
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Feb 2012, Simon & Schuster, For giveaway!)
  • Everneath by Brodi Ashton (March 2012, Simon & Schuster, Just Showed Up)


-------




Won:


[I read the UK version that I got from my Secret Santa in 2010 but I'm so glad I have both UK and US copies now :) Thanks Felicia @ The Geeky Blogger] (review tk)


Christmas Gifts (=D):

  • Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (reread it from christmas day <3)
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson
  • God is in the Pancakes by Robin Epstein <33 (review tk)
  • Blood Red Road by Moira Young (I was swept away! Review tk)
I really can't get over these books! They're so so so pretty I'm glad I got to read half of them before I had to turn back to review books. :P

Bought:
  • Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala (review tk!)
  • A Million Suns (#2, Across the Universe) by Beth Revis -- currently reading!
  • The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wassermann (sounded too good to pass on!)

----------------



Q: What February 2012 releases are you waiting on?

For me, I've got the following in my budget:
  • The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (HC)
  • Orchards by Holly Thompson (PB)




Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links.


Since last IMM...

(<-- most current)

Will be updated.


Related Posts with Thumbnails