Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Books in Colour (3) + Online Shopping and a Book Cover


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

27th of May 2012 ~ Notes

I am back with the second half of my May book haul! It's a short one so I figured I'd talk about other things in this post too.  :)

So first, here are the books.

Admire the crappy photo quality & the ripping of packaging for background making. ADMIRE IT!
  •  Fated (#1) by Alyson Noel || For review *
  • Rapture (#4?) by Lauren Kate || For review *
  • Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler || Bought
    • You probably can't see but TBD sent me a bookmark of calorie counts. Trying to send me a message here, book guys? Well I'm not impressed!
Thanks to Macmillan and Random House (respectively). I won't be reading any of them as I am just not interested, however if YOU are, comment and you *may* receive. ;) Clarification: Australia only.

As for 'Fixing Delilah', it was freaking LESS than $5! How can you say no to that? I regret nothing.

Happy reading everybody! Comment in the doobly-doo below.
Share with me what books you got! :)



And now, a semi-explanation...

What time I spend online, much of it is spent window shopping online. I just can't get enough of it! And so, I've been neglecting reading and blogging for a bit. Same with in the blogosphere. I've just started following fashion and DIY-cooking blogs (some were blogs that other book bloggers frequented, specifically the latter!) and other than Aussie blogs or my favourite blogs, I haven't been up to date. I think it may be time to un-follow some blogs since I always hit the 1000+ un-read mark way too easily/quickly. :/

But anyway, yeah, that's where I'm at. So, since my mind is mostly filled with fashion-y stuff right now, I ask you:

Q: What clothing item/accessory do you want right now?

I'm not even talking about something trendy or new here. For me, I want something that I reckon EVERYONE else in the world has but me: a pair of boots. Not high-heels, not too grunge, and since I'm not by any stretch a tall girl, I'm talking ankle boots here.

I have not found "the one" just yet. :( Or even gum boots, which is even better since sometimes jumping on puddles is just irresistible. Am I right?

I'm positively SICK of going out on a rainy (+ wind!) day and have my jeans, flats and feet completely soaked by the end of it. That leads to another question: What do you wear on those rainy + windy days, when you just can't avoid getting wet?

Also...

Also. Loving. This. Cover!
I am a fan of the US cover, but this UK cover just kicks ass! I'm not sure what everyone else thinks of it, but I don't care. I cannot wait to get a copy of this and see it in person. This chick LOOKS like an assassin - hell yeah!

So if you haven't heard this book before, go add it to your Goodreads wishlist. You want to read this book! I am so confident that I will love it since I've already read some of Sarah's writing and I like her style very much. This book needs posters made for it! And bookmarks. And pins. And a Calaena wig! And the novellas in one bound edition. I would PAY MONEY FOR THAT!


Related Posts with Thumbnails