Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2): My list of shame


Whoa, what's going on? This is my second post in a week? Yeah, yeah, I'm a terribly lazy blogger. Whenever I think about all the books I still have to review I get all depressed. I swear that one of these days I'll catch up... but in the meantime, I thought this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic was interesting, so here we go!


Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished
  1. The Seven Kingdoms trilogy by Kristin Cashore
    I'm just waiting for the US paperback release for Bitterblue. This is one of my favourite series ever! This shouldn't even really be on my list, since the reason for my having not finished the series is out of my control...
  2. The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel CaineI enjoyed the first book, Glass House. It's just that there are so many books in the series that it's really discouraging me to keep reading...
  3. Pretty Little Liars series by Sara ShephardLoved the first four books. By the time I made it to Book #6 (Killer), there were announcements that there was going to be more in the series, and I just called it quits. I thought it ended pretty well with #4 (Unbelievable) and in my heart that's how it ended.
  4. Uglies series by Scott WesterfeldI just haven't gotten around to grabbing Pretties to continue the series. I think I'm still "saving up" for the box set.

  5. Bad Girls Don't Die trilogy by Katie AlenderThe first book was pretty good. I just haven't gotten around to grabbing book #2 to read.
  6. The Poison Diaries by Maryrose WoodI loved the first book and I have the second (Nightshade). I don't even know why I haven't read it yet, but there you go.
  7. Stork series by Wendy DelsolThe uniqueness of this book blew me away, and I liked the main character enough. I just read a lot of discouraging reviews for #2 (Frost) so while I do own a copy I haven't picked it up.

  8. Matched trilogy by Ally CondieMatched grew on me after I stepped back and thought about it. I got a review copy for #2 (Crossed) but I just haven't picked it up.
  9. Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy by Michelle ZinkBook #1 was phenomenal. I have book #2 (Guardian of the Gate) on my shelves, just haven't picked it up. My justification is that I'm waiting for the paperback release of #3 (Circle of Fire).
  10. Harry Potter series by J.K. RowlingBut I'm on the case! My Project Harry Potter is still alive! I'm up to #4 (...Goblet of Fire) at the moment, but before I gave up the first time around I made it to #5 (...Order of the Phoenix).
Now how about you, my dear readers? I find the reasons behind my not having finished certain series really interesting. I also didn't mention any that I have absolutely no desire to continue--an example is the Embrace series by Jessica Shirvington. Just not for me.



Related Posts with Thumbnails