Sunday, April 28, 2013

MBiC (12) ~ Book haul time!


MBiC is a fortnightly (*ahem*) book haul feature inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where the idea to feature my new arrivals by their spines in accordance to their shade comes from.

~~~~~

28th of April 2013 ~ Notes

It's been a month and a half since my last book haul. This is only half of the books I've gotten. In a week or two I'll share the remaining titles (they're mostly more classics that I've bought). In this one I'm sharing my review books and recent YA I've bought/preordered. Super excited for some of these!


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy); click on images to zoom in; all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap

For Review

Thanks to...
Bloomsbury Hachette, Macmillan, Penguin and Random House!


  • Wildlife - Fiona Wood - 01/06/2013 - accepted
  • Steal My Sunshine - Emily Gale - 01/05/2013 - requested --> review tk
  • Inferno (#4) - Sherrilyn Kenyon - 09/04/2013 - unsolicited *
  • The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon - 20/08/2013 - requested ARC
  • The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey - 07/05/2013 - unsolicited

Excited for all these, except for Inferno, and that's because it's just not for me. Just finished reading Steal My Sunshine - at least 4 stars from me! Review will be up sometime this coming week. The 5th Wave has been generating some really good buzz from fellow bloggers/Goodreaders, so I'll be reading that really soon. (FYI: It's on Netgalley too!) I was practically begging for The Bone Season. Read the sampler here. I'm so curious about this one and I hope it doesn't just fall into the romance arc. And as for Wildlife, I love Fiona Wood's debut so I can't see how I won't also love this.

Bought

Just finished the The Hunger Games series last week. So good! I'll eventually get around to writing a wrap-up series review for it, once all my emotions have caught up with me. I read Out of the Easy at the beginning of this month. It was perfect (for me)! Check out my review, the link is above.

I preordered Gone for $5 through The Book Depository. It's the 'special' edition, mostly in that it's cheaper; there's also a sample chapter from the last book, Light. I actually got Ransomwood from Lisa (Badass Bookie) through a swap. All the other books not mentioned are from AllBooks4Less. I was VERY happy about getting Burn Bright - I now have the whole trilogy and I will get around to reading it soon. There's just so much dystopia still on my TBR!



Q: How many books do you read a month, on average?

Happy reading.
Share with me your own book hauls! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails